Rope snaps in bunjee jump
A woman from Australia survives as her rope snaps and she plunges head first in the Zambezi river. 22-year old Erin Langworthy is lucky to be alive.
Sunday January 8, 2012 - Email this article to a friend
She dived head first from the Victoria Falls bridge over the river that separates Zambia and Zimbabwe.
As she reached the bottom of the jump the rope broke and she hit the water.
She blacked out on impact but managed to swim to the Zimbabwe side of the river even though her legs were tied together.
For more information and a video of the jump and the moment the rope snapped see this story.
She was taken to a local hospital and then to South Africa.
She did the jump with the company, Safari Par Excellence.
It is of course nothing to do with skiing or snowboarding but many of us have more than a passing interest in all adrenalin fuelled activiites
For the spirit of the mountains
Bookmark this page
Related ArticlesBritish snowboarder who died in Chamonix named (Tuesday May 21, 2013)
Miracle escape above Chamonix (Monday May 20, 2013)
Kenton Cool summits Everest for 11th time (Monday May 20, 2013)
New California ski safety bill (Sunday May 19, 2013)
Saudi woman climbs Everest (Saturday May 18, 2013)
Swimming out of an avalanche (Thursday May 16, 2013)
- Miracle escape above Chamonix
- Kenton Cool summits Everest for 11th time
- New California ski safety bill
- Bansko lifts declared illegal again
- New radio station for Chamonix
- How do you judge a successful season?
- New air route to Switzerland
- Visa exemption for Sochi athletes
- Sir Richard Branson as female flight attendant
- Evolution gave penguins a choice - fly or swim
- Candide Thovex goes skiing
- Fancy swapping your chalet?