LES 3 VALLEES GOES FROZEN
22nd November 2019
Last modified on December 19th, 2019
The French ski area is decking itself out in the style of Frozen 2, the new animated film from Walt Disney studios.
There will be ‘Frozen 2’ themed events programme on the slopes of Les3Vallees this winter.
Visitors can take part in a skiing treasure hunt, following in Elsa and Anna’s tracks.
14 adventures marked on the ski area map which are re-named ‘Frozen 2’ – themed ski runs and extraordinary places: ice grotto, maze and cabin, gondola lifts redecorated in ‘Frozen 2’ colours and even a mystery location where you might just find Olaf hidden away.
There are 14 stops along the way, stamps to collect so people can try to bring home a medal, a certificate and lots of other surprises.
There are 13 adventures on a piste map of dedicated runs that have been re-designed.
Two ski runs will be decked out in special ‘Frozen 2’ decor :
- In Courchevel, the Jardin Alpin run.
- In Méribel, the Piste des Animaux run.
Gondola lifts will be decked out in the ‘Frozen 2’ colours:
- In Les Menuires, the Roc 1 gondola lift: one gondola decorated inside and out o In Saint-Martin de Belleville, Saint-Martin 1 gondola lift: one gondola decorated inside and out.
- In Val Thorens, Péclet gondola lift: one gondola decorated on the inside.
There is also the world of ‘Frozen 2’ in some unexpected places:
- In Méribel, in the Piste des Animaux cabin.
- In Les Menuires, in the snow labyrinth.
- In Val Thorens, in the Igloo village’s ice grotto.
- In Orelle, a giant snow sculpture at Frozen 2 characters colors.
There will be 4 photo spots dotted over the ski area:
- In Méribel, at the top of the Col de la Loze chair lift and at Le Roc de Fer.
- In Les Menuires, at the top of the La Masse chair lift.
- In Val Thorens, at the top of the 3 Vallées Funitel.
There is also a mystery location / Secret stamp:
A final surprise awaits skiers who have looked closely at the piste map and followed the GPS coordinates very carefully…
‘Frozen 2 themed holidays are available in each of the ski resorts.
In addition to 7 days’ accommodation and a 3 Vallées skipass, there’ll be cinema tickets so people can watch the film during their holiday.
Then there’s a range of entertainment: ice rink, snowman-making workshops and wood sculpting.
Every family that books a ‘Frozen 2’ holiday package will receive a surprise kit for each child.
For the Spirit of the Mountains – PlanetSKI: Number One for ski news